[Vision2020] [OFF LIST] Quick Question

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Wed May 9 16:07:38 PDT 2007

Mr Hansen

Accountability can be a tough thing to find, and I agree with you that eight
days is totally irresponsible.  Registration prior to release seems such a
no-brainer.  Sigh . . .

Sorry I didn't do well with your sarcasm - I understand your frustration,
and those at P&P have the same level of frustration, if not more.  There are
only two full time probation and parole officers in the Moscow district
sharing in the neighborhood of 60+ probationer / parolees.  Many of them are
required to check in weekly, if not daily, and all check in (personal
face-to-face check in's) every month.  Given the budget, time, legislature
etc there is only so much they can do.  I guess the best the public can do
is to review the sex offender postings with their kids on a monthly basis so
they can see their faces and know where they live.

Thanks

Schwaller