[Vision2020] What about the kids? (was Weitz is a civic terrorist??

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 15:20:27 PDT 2007

It also has required the school district to freeze all funds.  That means no field trips, Big Deals (a quarterly incentive program used by some teachers to encourage good behavior, performance, etc.), and no contracts for teachers with 1-3 yrs experience.  Luckily, the school district's lawyer is from the firm that has written the book on education law in Idaho, literally; The Law of Education in Idaho by Anderson, Julian & Hull, LLP.  Unfortunately, it negatively affects the kids NOW.  Any donation to your local public school or class of choice would probably be well accepted for those end of the year activities.

Something else that concerns me is that the three names that have been cited in connection with this attack on our school district (Jerry Weitz, Jim Demeeleer, and Brian Thie) are all listed on the "leadership" of the Greater Moscow Alliance.  Does this action represent the "Alliance" or is it just a coincidence.  I would add that I would be just as critical or at least question it if the same happened in regards with the Moscow Civic Association.  I don't happen to be a member of either group.  They say that business and politics don't mix.  There is a good reason; you can lose business!

Bill London <london at moscow.com> wrote:       G-
 your question: "If Dr. Weitz's claim has no legal merit, then why would MSD have any  concern?"
 my response: a huge amount of administrative time and a sizable chunk of  money (as in paid by local taxes to the district) will have to be used to fight  this suit.  Of course the district, and its patrons, are concerned.
 BL