[Vision2020] 3rd St. Pedestrian Bridge

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue May 1 07:49:50 PDT 2007

Cynthia asks:
"Someone please explain to me WHY a pedestrian bridge is being built  at
3rd St. Please try to convince me that it's not to, once and for
all, prevent an auto bridge from going there. What powerful people in
Moscow DON'T want that?"

>From what I heard at the Administrative Committee meeting last Monday,
if the placement of a pedestrian bridge is to either the north or the
south, it would not preclude the future addition of a vehicular bridge
in the future (a vehicular bridge is a part of the Comprehensive Plan).

One must realize there is some pretty vocal opposition to a vehicular
bridge there, which got it put on the back burner about a year and a
half ago.  If a person is in favor of a vehicular bridge there (which I
think would work with some traffic mitigation), that person should make
their opinion known to the powers-that-be.

DC