[Vision2020] School Administration and Oversight (from the BLog)

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 26 13:02:59 PDT 2007

I'm a little confused. I can contribute nothing  to this discussion because
I am not "in this church" but you can make demands for disclosures over and
above what is required by law while also not being a member of the community
in question? I sense a bit of a double standard here.

I, and many other small business people "take money from a group, such as
Christ Church" and many others every day and we are in no way beholden to
divulge the sorts of things you demand. Respectfully, it would seem that it
is you who is having a bit of difficulty coming to grips with a concept.

Try this on for a reason for the difference in the levels of disclosure
between a public and private school. The private school is helped by the
state in the form of a property tax exemption and in return must disclose a
certain, limited amount of information. A public school gets the same
property tax exemption and in addition receives every nickel for its
salaries, maintenance and operation, everything from the taxpayer directly
at the point of a gun. Citizens are not given an option to decline even if
they do not utilize the services of the school dist. As a result they must
disclose greater amount of information to the public. I shouldn't think that
this would be so difficult to wrap your mind around. Greater burden on the
public's purse equals greater need for scrutiny.