[Vision2020] School Administration and Oversight (from the BLog)

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 25 11:36:16 PDT 2007

With this being the case, h, why does our lists resident obsessive not
content herself with whatever information is made available in "records that
are a matter of public domain?" I am going to assume that the organizations
that the charming Ms. Ford spends her free time stressing out over do
provide whatever information is required by the letter of the law. Were that
not the case, I feel sure that certain parties familiar to both of us would
mention it. I was of the impression that J. was stating her opinion that the
organization in question should be compelled  to provide more data then
would otherwise be required by regulation.

The other question that pops readily to mind would have to be, how do the
answers to these questions matter in the greater scheme of things? How does
being exempt from a certain amount of property tax have any bearing on the
private contracts between an entity and its employees? Is a teacher or
administrator at a private, tax exempt  school not entitled to similar
compensation as an employee at a public, tax exempt school? I'd be willing
to bet that the public employees are compensated at a significantly higher
rate even though their overall efficiency isn't commensurately greater.