[Vision2020] Our Troops

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 21 15:16:27 PDT 2007

The children in those photos owe their lives and what ever future might be theirs to the soldiers who are risking their own to make Iraq a place where they might possibly grow up to be something other than fodder for a ruthless dictator. Every soldier I have talked to went into the current conflict with their eyes wide open and came away feeling that they had made a positive difference after having been there. As to your woolgathering regarding the fate of the aforementioned children and soldiers, most of the kids have a shot at an education and a more fulfilling life (especially the girls) and the soldiers are either back home secure in the knowledge they made a difference or still over there quietly doing their jobs to the very best of their ability. Second guessing their mission and bad mouthing their leaders is doing nothing to make their lives any easier, but then again I don't imagine that was ever part of the game plan.