[Vision2020] Gardening

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 22:12:23 PDT 2007

Matt;

Thank you for your suggestions (notice - no head chewing going on!)

Is there a grass seed that works better in this area than others?  I have no
pines, but there are other trees in the area.  Just want to fill in the
areas that have become very bare for whatever reason.

Do I just till in the manure or is there a type that I sprinkle on that
would work?

I have an catalog that is advertising "strawberries as large as peaches"
that they say will grow even in Alaska but they do not have Idaho-specific
directions.  So you think planting them in May would work?  I realize no one
can say what the weather will be like over the next few weeks, but I'd
really like to order these as early as I can if they will work here.

I have started the toms on a window shelf and have seen an ad for ones you
can grown year-round in a special medium/pouch.  I am tempted to try those
but $20 is $20 and I don't want to waste my time if they really won't work
because of the temps around here.

Again, thanks for your information.

J  :]