[Vision2020] Population

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:36:20 PDT 2007

Not sure where you are getting your stats or for that matter where Doug
is....but the fact that several WARS are going on in these places and the
children are among the highest casualties, and the fact that immigration
tends to mis-que our population growth/birth just a bit, I believe. has a
great deal to do with the figures.

The fact is - even according to Doug - the fertility rates in the US have
gone DOWN over the past few years and our population growth rate with it:

"Global population growth is a significant problem. The US contribution to
global growth is relatively small"  (Global Action On Aging)

" The previous sections showed that US population over the last 180 years is
not adequately described by either linear growth models or exponential
growth models. However, we can say that US population grew exponentially in
the past, is increasing now by approximately 2.5 million people per year
(i.e. about twice the population of San Antonio), and that the growth rate
has dropped from 3% per year to about 1% per year. About 1/3 of current US
population growth is due to immigration."  (Trinity University)

"Developed world - some countries are near zero population growth, a few are
actually losing population, and others are near replacement level growth
rates. The US is near replacement level – that is, each women is having
roughly two children. "  (US Census Bureau)

"An NPG demographic analysis of age distribution, fertility, and mortality
data shows that if there had been no immigration to the U.S. since 1990, the
population in 2000 would have been 262 million–19 million less than the 281
million counted. Thus, post-1990 immigrants and their children accounted for
61 percent of population growth during the last decade."  (Negative
Population Growth)

So basically, each of these (only a few of many, many sites) say that the
population growth that we have seen is due to immigration rather than
"American" fertility increases.  If these people stayed in their own
countries, the figures would be significantly different and more accurate.

I realize you'd have to do more research (hell, ANY research) and would have
produced a more enlightened comment by you.  But you know, sometimes the
effort is worth the gain in knowledge and the potential for not looking like
the biased, hate-filled person that Doug is.  Problem is, he takes  what
Dale says on his site as gospel (feeling jealous, Doug W?  You are NOT the
only master of mis-information Doug F listens to - course, he never lived
with you....so his allegiance is just a bit off.) and he doesn't bother to
look anywhere else to see if things truly are what Dale presents them as
being.  But, being brainwashed is really hard for him to overcome...as is
very apparent in his lack of motivation to seek out the whole story.

J  :]