[Vision2020] Words Bring Pause

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sun Mar 11 23:06:02 PDT 2007

Donovan wrote in part, "not make the SW United States an extension of
Mexico."

Dear Donovan, as I have already pointed out, it was the United States
that made the north of Mexico an extension of the United States.
Where did you learn your history?

Ralph

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 22:42:27 PDT 2007

Paul Writes; "Which is downright ironic when you notice that the
people proposing this aren't Native Americans."

   Perhaps if they had, they would still have all their people, land
and culture.

   A language is not just words, it is a culture and way of speaking.
Any Native American will tell you that. No, I think being too kind,
accommodating, and willing to share is what got the Natives in
trouble. We should not repeat their mistakes. Flower power doesn't
always work.

   The environment cannot handle the overpopulation, the rivers, like
the Colorado are already drying up. The jobs are paying less. The
smog is unbearable, and the cost of housing is too prohibitive with
massive illegal and uncontrolled immigration. We need to discourage
immigration into the US, and make sure we keep the diversity of
culture we have in this country, not make the SW United States an
extension of Mexico.

   Donovan