[Vision2020] Fantasy vs. Reality Fourth Installment

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Fri Mar 9 14:46:17 PST 2007

Keely,

You are right that I am not very adept at "Cat Fighting". You on the
other hand must have had a lot of practice in Jr. High.

I am not defending my duty to anything. You are the main one on this
list who says that the practice is abhorrent. All that I am doing is
showing that all of scripture should be obeyed not just the fluffy, nice
parts.

When some one states that something is not in the NT when it in fact is,
I find myself wanting to point out the error of their misconception.

As to my not having subdued conception in my family practice, I crow
ever more.

As to your concern about my Christian duty to advocate for and serve the
poor; you see Keely, I try to follow these scriptures as well “don’t let
your left hand know what your right hand is doing” and again “don’t be
like the Pharisees, who go about with a posse and one of those giant
charity checks, letting folks know that they have helped out the poor”….

I was just wondering what you meant by your comment of “wax eloquent
about mandatory Psalm singing”. Again I ask: “Did I say that the Bible
say’s we are to only sing Psalms?” It IS the first thing that we should
do. “Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual Songs”. But I never stated it is the
only thing to do.

Lastly, you are always the champion for women to exercise their gifts so
as to not be left out of service to God. What ever happened to obeying
the other passage that talks about “your beauty should not come from
outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry
and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the
unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in
God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put
their hope in God used to make themselves atractive.” That would go a
long way in furthering the Kingdom of God.

lemeno, Doug!