[Vision2020] Fantasy vs. Reality Fourth Installment

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Fri Mar 9 12:01:21 PST 2007

Sunil,

Maybe we can agree that the word's of my Lord Jesus Christ might not be
a clear example of impacation because you might say that he was God and
we are not. His speaking through the Psalmist in Psalm 22 and Psalm 69
(in the first person) would be claimed by some as not His words alone.
The Lord Jesus taught and practiced unconditional love, but He also
imprecated the unbelieving cities of Capernaum, Chorazin and Bethsaida.
He said that they were under greater judgment than Tyre, Sidon or
Sodom! (See Matthew 11:20-24.)

As far as other New Testament prayers and pronouncements:

"If anyone does not love the Lord, let him be accursed" (1 Corinthians
16:22)

Galatians 1:8-9. "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach
a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally
condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is
preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be
eternally condemned!"

And my favorite passage of all of the saints in the Church praying this
type of prayer we only have to look to the last book as published in
the Bible: "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge the
inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" (See Revelation 6:10.)

There may be others; we are told in the NT to sing and pray from the
Psalms. I take this to mean that we should have an attitude of prayer
when we worship and sing from the psalms.

I have tried to make this clear. I hope this helps

lemeno, Doug!

-------

Doug won't answer you because it would show Dog W to be the non-leader
he
is.

NO! Those type of prayers are certainly not in the NT - in fact, as was
pointed out by someone earlier, Jesus specifically tells us to pray for
good
things for our enemies and to show them the kind of kindness we want to
be
shown.

A lesson a non-ordained pastor knows little about.

J :]