[Vision2020] Loertscher: Idaho's day cares are sufficientlyregulated

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 8 20:07:50 PST 2007

Thank you for the article, Debbie.

I reiterate:

There is some serious eye-opening information available at:

www.naccrra.org/policy/scorecard.php

Please examine, and see for yourself, how poorly Idaho compares to the rest
of the country.  Idaho ranks 52nd in EACH and EVERY evaluated category of
day care.

For instance: A meticulous inspection/evaluation of Idaho's child day care
system revealed that its only strength is (or was) that it requires a
criminal background check of care providers.

http://www.naccrra.org/policy/docs/scorecard/states/ID.pdf

Well, thanks to our state legislature and Rep. Tom Loertscher this is no
longer required.

For those of us without children, this failure on the part of our state
government to provide safe and healthy day care for the children of Idaho's
working families may amount to nothing more than water-cooler gossip.  For
the working families of Idaho, it is a daily challenge.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown