[Vision2020] Breaking News: Judge Does Not Dismiss the MSD Lawsuit

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Jun 30 21:40:05 PDT 2007

Please keep in mind that greater minds than yours, Donovan, believe that the suit itself lacks merit.  In fact, even I think the point of the suit is based on a faulty interpretation of an unofficial, 17-year-old opinion not involving MSD  -- and I'm well aware of my limits as a legal scholar. It seems to me that your beef is with the legislature that granted the permanent levy and that stipulated ballot language that describes the true intent of the ballot proposal; that is, naming the solicited INCREASE to the permanent levy and not the levy total, permanent and hoped for, all together.  I can assure you, though, that MSD vets these sorts of things -- heck, even bond levies -- with extraordinary thoroughness in consultation with the State Department of Education and its own legal counsel.  I think that time will show that Weitz has legal standing to bring about a lawsuit that ultimately will not prevail, based on a judicial finding of lack of merit.  I also think it's unfair to assume that MSD has the kind of impure, unethical, and illegal motives that you ascribe to it, and I'll assert without hesitation that Moscow has every reason to be proud of its public school system.keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:58:16 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comTo: ophite at gmail.com; heirdoug at netscape.netCC: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Breaking News: Judge Does Not Dismiss the MSD	LawsuitI think this a great victory for all of Moscow. It is nice to know that the MSD is not above the law and is susceptible to it like the rest of us and every other organization in Moscow.      Many people on Vision 2020, including Mr. Schou, were trying to argue with me and others that Dr. Wietz didn't have standing. I am glad Judge Bradberry set them straight.     My advise to MSD, is the same as it was in the beginning, run another legal election for funding MSD on a level that will garnish 67% of the vote. That is the only responsible course of action. But considering MSD's Administrations history of being irresponsible, I believe they will just wait to do anything until all their illegally taken funds are taken back and they will scream rape and lay off everyone except themselves.      The score is now:  MSD 0  People of Moscow: 1
    Which team do you support?     Best,     Donovan           Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:  > I was just commenting on the outcome of today's first round. I was> cheering on the team to victory in this dodge ball game of public> school politics. Those high dollar lawyers, that MSD had to re-align> their budget for, lost. That's all. They were praying for the enemy to> be vanquished in this motion, once and for all and it didn't happen.> I'm sure they will come out and say, just as you are now, all sorts of> evil things against the Judge or Jerry or the taxpayers or somebody but> the one thing they won't say is that they lost. One must never
 admit> defeat so early in the game.Doug --Weitz won in the same sense that the Seahawks "win" every time the refrecognizes that they're a football team rather than a cricket club.Which is to say: not at all.-- ACS=======================================================List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com=======================================================