[Vision2020] Poster Biographies

April Fingerlos aprilf at fingerlos.net
Thu Jun 28 10:52:41 PDT 2007

I'll follow Brent's lead, drawing another infrequent (OK, VERY infrequent) poster out of lurk mode. I'm a UI grad, class of 1997, originally from the Treasure Valley.In a nutshell, I have zero political aspirations, I think religion is a silly waste of time, and tend to enjoy my weekends at horse shows throughout the PNW rather than downtown. I currently work three jobs, the most interesting of which is freelance writing work for several large-circulation equine publications (Western Horseman, Horse & Rider, The Equine Chronicle, Cutting Horse Chatter, etc).

I am the only Appaloosa owner in Latah county that competes at the national level, specializing in non-pro all-around events (especially showmanship, western pleasure, and trail). My gelding, Zipalong Cassidy, was leading the nation in ApHC's ACAAP program in three events until his recent injury, which will also keep us home from the Canadian Appaloosa Nationals. We're toying with the idea of re-targeting him to the ApHC World Show this October, but it depends on how well he recovers.

I also have one husband, Kenneth (works for UI's Information Technology Services, and when he's not scuba diving, he's working on our home remodel) and three dogs--an Alaskan husky, a Siberian husky, and a sheltie/ACD cross.

April

April Fingerlos
Moscow, ID