[Vision2020] "shots" around 0200-0230?

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 08:45:04 PDT 2007

slept like a rock!

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:   Message    Vizzz peeps --

 Did anyone else hear a succession of "shots" (it sure  didn't sound like firecrackers, and it wasn't quick semi-auto fire,  but it was *something*) somewhere around 0200-0230 this  morning?

 My delicate flower sat bolt-upright in bed (she's very attuned to out of  place noises -- guess its that motherly instinct) and asked me "are those  gunshots?"

 They sure as heck sounded like they could have been, and she contended  there were nine of them.  I went to let in the dog (who's a big baby  whenever there are any kind of noises) and heard a few addresses in the area  calling in to the PD on the scanner.  I guess to help the PD localize the  phenomenon, my wife called in as well.  Not hearing anything major going on  (thank goodness) I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I asked Debby if  she heard anything else later and she said no.  I told her they probably  wouldn't catch anybody, since it seemed pretty random.

 Just wondering if there may have been some sort of drive-by, if it was  some doofuses practicing hooliganism, or if it was even gunfire.  After  speaking to some others over coffee this morning, I heard about a guy and his  son getting called in for "shots fired" while they were using a pneumatic nail  gun to put up shingles, so we may *all* be a little hyper-sensitive to out of  place noises.

 anyone else?

 DC
 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com