[Vision2020] Maki Keeping Salary???

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Jun 25 10:38:32 PDT 2007

You are 100% right on this. Maki should be fired. It is common University practice  when someone steps down from an administrative position or is asked to step down that they retain their salary. Sometimes they may take a 15% reduction. This is not a good policy because they wind up making more than their peers. In order to get a better salary  a person could take an administrative position for a few years and then step down.
The policy of the University is to protect administrators. I don't think White will sign the policy recommendations that will give more protection to whistleblowers. Even if he were inclined to sign it, I think that Legal Council will advice him not to. The mind set is to protect administrators right or wrong.

Roger