[Vision2020] Sex Offender Lists

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 20 23:47:39 PDT 2007

I did not say that "no ethnic minority men" are in jail for "child abuse." "Statistically zero" allows that there were some -- though the numbers were statistically insignificant. Also, I was talking about child molestation or sexual abuse of a child -- not child abuse and not sex crimes in general. Lastly, I said that this was true "at one time," not that it was true any longer.

I did some searching on the web this morning and found nothing to disconfirm my comment -- but I found nothing to confirm it either. I found some comments suggesting that sexual abuse of children does not divide along racial or ethnic or class lines but it wasn't clear whether this referred to victims or perpetrators. I saw some data suggesting that over 75 percent of folks in prison on charges related to the sexual abuse of a child were white -- but this is close to the average of white folks in the US, so it is not surprising. Of course, if you add that MOST (not all) of these folks are men, maybe it is a high percentage.

Perhaps my original comment was wrong, though. I'd be interested if anyone has any data along these lines.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
There are only three reasons why no ethnic minority men would be in jail for sexual child abuse. 1) There are no ethnic minorities, 2) No ethnic men abuse children, or  3) powers that be don't investigate child abuse cases involving children living in ethnic minority communities.

  Best,

  Donovan

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:
  I checked today and they are all WHITE men.

I know that at one time the percentage of African American men who were guilty of sexual abuse of a child was statistically zero.

--
Joe Campbell

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com