[Vision2020] censorship (was Mr. Schwaller shows bad faith)

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Jun 19 16:46:01 PDT 2007

It also refers to prior restraint of material, not the attempt of some to get others to join them in not reading something already published.  That said, I will affirm two beliefs:  One, that use of the "delete" button is a healthy and welcome thing when something isn't of interest; two, that Christ Church is an appropriate, even necessary, topic for discussion, particularly in light of questions involving its handling of Steven Sitler's presence among them.And, given his arraignment today on charges that he violated probation, I continue to pray for his victims, his family, and for Sitler himself.  I don't want a god who isn't big enough to love both Steven Sitler and his many victims, and the God I worship does.  I don't know what the Lord's justice and mercy in this one would look like, but I'm convinced that both exist.keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)> Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:23:27 -0700> From: ophite at gmail.com> To: deco at moscow.com> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Mr. Schwaller shows bad faith> > On 6/19/07, Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:> >> >> > For Christ's sakes, if you don't like a post, just delete it or filter it> > out the offending author.  But please do not try to deprive those on the> > list that may be interested.  Censorship is an ugly thing and certainly> > beyond the purview of the purpose of the First Amendment.> > The First Amendment is a duty which attaches to the government, not to> individuals.> > -- ACS> > =======================================================>  List services made available by First Step Internet, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.   >                http://www.fsr.net                       >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================