[Vision2020] Killing grass

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 20:45:47 PDT 2007

Visionaries:I recently purchased a house in Boise and am very ambitious about yard work and such.  Anyway my yard consists of mostly weeds with very little grass.  Also the grade is horrible especially when I flood irrigate, it flows towards my house (not good).  Anyway, I want to kill everything, rototill, set grade, fine grade, install sprinklers, and drill seed.  However, I don't want to use harsh chemicals to kill and I am not patient enough to let it die on its own.  Memory serves me that the Co-Op wrote an article about using vinegar to kill weeds.  Any ideas on whether on not vinegar would kill my yard.  Or are there other things that I can use to kill it.  Tarps are not a great solution either.Tim" 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. Thompson