[Vision2020] Indian Man, 73, Fails School Exams on 38th Try

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jun 14 15:59:40 PDT 2007

>From the Daily News at:

http://tinyurl.com/yt55xa

Indian man, 73, fails school exams on 38th try

A 73-year-old Indian farmer who vowed not to marry before passing his high
school exams has failed to get through for the 38th time.

Shiv Charan Yadav has been taking the exams - normally given to
schoolchildren at the age of 15 - every year since 1969, without success. He
was in his 30s when he first decided to better himself through education.

This year, he failed everything except Sanskrit, scoring only 103 out of a
possible 600 points.

He said he found mathematics especially hard, blaming the subject for
dragging down his score.

"Once I pass I want to get married to a girl who's under 30," Yadav, who
lives alone in Kohari village in the western desert state of Rajasthan, told
Reuters.

He is now revising for his 39th attempt next year.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)