[Vision2020] 6 codes to live by if you follow allah!

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Mon Jun 11 10:38:50 PDT 2007

Good Morning Visionaries:

It is interesting how extremist Christians and Muslims find each other, and, because they are blinded by their respective rages, they do realize how similar they are.  See my "Chilling Parallels between Christian and Islamic Fundamentalists" at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.htm.

To this article, I have added a new epigraph:

"It was . . . impossible not to see . . . the incipient dangers of a fundamentalist mindset grappling with . . . Islamic fundamentalist terrorism.  The absolutism of the one almost inescapably triggered the absolutism of the other."

--Conservative Andrew Sullivan, The Conservative Soul

One could quote from radical Christian sects to find equally horrific rules to fight the pagans, including the invocation of Rahab's rule, one of Doug Wilson's favorites.

I lost a golden opportunity in my Jan. 31, 2007 debate with Wilson (http://www.tomandrodna.com/notonthepalouse/Wilson_Gier_013107.htm) to nail Wilson when he said that Christians can lie only when they are at war.

The obvious point that I missed was to remind him that he has repeatedly stated that true Christians are at war with a pagan world (includes most Christians), and that this world will collapse like folding chairs on a beach when the tsunami of Christian armies hits.

Nick Gier, Proud Intolerista

Intolerance is not a vice if one is intolerant of bigotry, discrimination, dishonesty, bad manners, and ugly behavior.