[Vision2020] Which came first, the Schwaller or the Edna?

Bob Herodotus bherodotus at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 07:16:35 PDT 2007

Dear Mr. Schwaller,

That was some pretty thin soup, kids; I’m surprised you bothered to answer. Next time you should take heed to the old proverb that says a good excuse is worse than none, because your response wasn’t even good. Nevertheless, I’m happy for it because it gives me a chance to note another linguistic pattern between you and one of your predecessors — Edna Wilmington (#1).

And I want you to notice the prevailing distinctive that connects you two, which isn’t the gratuitous denials. It’s the condescending arrogance, the latent disdain for your audience, which you conceal in your cutesy cat-and-mouse answers — “I’m not this, but I might be that; try to guess.”

Compare the following two quotes:

“Lastly:

* I am not transexual. Sorry, Saundra. Glad you had a good laugh, anyway. Oh, by the way, before my late husband died, I touched as much as I could and still have both my hands. Trust me: you have nothing to fear.

* I live in Moscow. How else would I know the food’s too pricey at Old Peking?

* I’m not a member of any local church. Dang! Missed again.

* I have no friends from Christ Church, but I met a couple pleasant young ladies from NSA at a bakery one day.

* I’m not a Logos grad or student. Ooh, spank me. I’m certain I deserve it.

* I’m not an NSA grad or student.

* In fact, I don’t have any degrees or diplomas from any school in the U.S.

* I don’t care who you are, your phone number, or your GPS location, but if you post something to this forum in my home town, lace up and kick, or please, get the hell off the field.

Edna Wilmington”
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2004-January/006819.html

“That being said, for the record:
1. I am NOT Doug Wilson. I’ve never met Doug Wilson
2. I am NOT affiliated in any way with NSA, Christ Church, Logos School nor anything that (as far as I know) is tied to those institutions. I do, however, frequent Bucers.
3.. I am NOT Steven Sitler, (I’m not sure if he’s allowed to go inot Bucers . . .) nor a friend nor family member.
4. I don’t know “where in the public record one may confirm that I have “worked for several months with Mr Sitler and other sex offenders in our area.” The names of Mr. Sitler’s doctors, counselors, and therapists are matters of public record.” However, public records are not all-inclusive.
5. I’m not even Gerald Weitz

Schwaller”
http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2007-May/044840.html

Obviously, you learned nothing from Sitler. I cannot help that. But God knows I fear the next one coming your way. If you have any sense of self-preservation, my advice to you is to

D U C K !