[Vision2020] Declarations & Equal Opportunity Denunciations

Edna Wilmington edwilming@yahoo.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:41:39 -0800 (PST)

Forum Members,

All silliness aside, one blunder committed during the
search for my address and phone number was the false
assumption that I'm in the Christ Church "camp."  That
assumption was based purely on the fact that I first
posed questions to Mr. Fox, who is, shall we say, a
rather staunch member of the anti-cult party.  Oh, now
come to think of it, perhaps my contra-affirmative
action post had something to do with it.  I suppose
Uncle T. Ward Connerly's a racist member of Christ
Church, too?

Of course, assuming without grounds also did what the
maxim says jumping to conclusions can do:  I got the
chance to behave like an ass for a while, and so did a
few of you. Fact is, I don't belong to either of the
two major factions 'round these parts, and apparently,
some folks just can't handle that. Well, thicken your
hides, friends, lay hold of your loo chains, and prep
for a giant pull (not quite as hard as Hatesplotch
yanks, though).

Being an equal opportunity denunciator, I have this to
say about a few folks from Christ Church:

Mr. Douglas Wilson:  I could run the mouth a lot about
this bloke, since I'll soon finish reading almost
everything he's ever written, including a few runs
through a copy of his tract on Southern slavery.  My
opinion of the latter, you ask?:  However he might
wish to elaborate upon it post-pub, and regardless of
twisted caricatures by his opponents, the rag's a
woefully sloppy piece of work - useless for just about
anything except generating the kind of controversy it
has.

Mr. Douglas Jones:  Despite Doc Gier's triumphant
declaration, "He'll do us proud!", Mr. Jones, while
not very winsome, didn't "lose" the debate with that
grinning Unitarian Universalist parrot, Forrest
Church.  They both could have had their camps in
separate rooms cheering their winner on.  Oh, one last
critique of Mr. Jones:  Those ads!  Those ads!  Were
you just trying to piss off your enemies?  If so,
"boring" was a perfect choice of words.  Libertines
hate being called boring.  If not, do you really think
you won any fence sitters over with ads toned out like
that?

Mr. Nathan Wilson:  No harm done to meaningful
discussion now that he's gone.  Did his Rhetoric class
schedule at NSA and editorial job at C/A leave him so
short of time that all he could muster while a member
of the forum was sarcastic remarks?  Or is that the
best a combined Logos-NSA-SJCA education can muster?
For all you Nate-haters, I doubt the latter. Just look
at the steroidal reading lists.

Mr. Ben Merkle:  Seems like a funny guy, especially if
he really wrote that extra scholarly, super
devastating blurb on hatesplotch by himself.  (I
prayed someone would mock that "fascinating
comparison" reference to Dr. Gier's "Chilling
Parallels" paper.  Shameful plug, Mr. Hansen? Well,
there is a God, and Ben is His Prophet, Peace be upon
Him!).  Knowing he's working on a PhD, I'll cut him
some slack for his incessant wise cracks; he has an
excuse for being short on time for suffering fools. He
is a liar though: I swear off buying him any beer; he
probably drinks it cold. Yeeuck!

Mr. Jack VanDeventer:  Seems a quite pleasant fellow.
I'm sure I'd appreciate him even more if I gave a damn
about American college football on the Palouse.

Mr. Joshua Nieuwsma:  Does Logos School have a
remedial post-grad paddling program for graduates who
post pompous, self-aggrandizing emails to a public
forum after they graduate?  No?  Well, apparently they
could use one.  Any chance they can have it ready by
Josh's next birthday?

Let's see, who am I forgetting?  Ahh yes, the Tax Man,
Dale.

Mr. Dale Courtney:  Just the facts, Ma'am, and a few
charts and graphs, too please.  Enemy of the "common
good" and hero of overtaxed souls everywhere.  Dale,
can you imagine what those ruffians in Boston Harbor
would do if they were here today?  Anyone up for Pat
Henry's plan B?  On that count, keep on truckin',
baby! BUT!  What's with your claims about the
infamous-anonymous-slanderous-flyer?  Am I missing
something?

One last piece of advice for any Christ Church
players:  If you pitch inside yourselves, and get hit
with a high hard one in your next at bat, don't cry
foul so much.  You look too much like the other team.

Lastly:

* I am not transexual.  Sorry, Saundra.  Glad you had
a good laugh, anyway.  Oh, by the way, before my late
husband died, I touched as much as I could and still
have both my hands. Trust me: you have nothing to
fear.

* I live in Moscow. How else would I know the food's
too pricey at Old Peking?

* I'm not a member of any local church. Dang! Missed
again.

* I have no friends from Christ Church, but I met a
couple pleasant young ladies from NSA at a bakery one
day.

* I'm not a Logos grad or student. Ooh, spank me. I'm
certain I deserve it.

* I'm not an NSA grad or student.

* In fact, I don't have any degrees or diplomas from
any school in the U.S.

* I don't care who you are, your phone number, or your
GPS location, but if you post something to this forum
in my home town, lace up and kick, or please, get the
hell off the field.

Edna Wilmington