[Vision2020] Protection or an agenda

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:02:24 PDT 2007

I'm still not sure if Tom Hansen has a bonafide interest in "community
protection" or simply an agenda.  Or may be both.

A month ago I answered his specific questions about Steven Sitler's
release, gave explanations concerning the role of Probation and Parole
in monitoring him (and others) after their release, the legal
rationale behind his sentence, and specific guidelines Mr Sitler was
to follow after his release.  Let me reiterate, at no time did I hint
that the public was safe, or that there is nothing to worry about.  If
I wasn't perfectly clear then, let me be now: with respect to Steven
Sitler or any sex offender, or any parolee / probationer, there are
specific policies, practices, and monitoring and reporting
requirements which the offender must follow, or run the risk of
serving out the full sentence.  That does NOT mean they will follow
these rules.  It does NOT mean the community is "safe".  Only an idiot
would believe that.  What it DOES mean is, there are bad guys out
there - be aware of it, since there is a very good chance the offender
at some time is going to stop following the rules placed on him at the
time of his release.

How safe are we?  Nobody is totally safe from these predators.
Generally speaking, if you are NOT acquainted with the offender, NOT a
family friend, family member or don't personally know the guy, you're
probably safer than someone who DOES know him.

How likely is it an offender will re-offend?  Why not err on the side
of caution and take all the precautions one would take if you knew for
certain there is a 100% chance of re-offense?  Proactive, not
reactive.

Mr Hansen, you apparently did not like, or did not believe the answers
I gave.  You stated in an earlier post "After several off-line
exchanges between myself and Sunil, I have learned a considerable
amount concerning how probation works and the various problems our
court system is forced to confront on a case-by-case basis."

If the protectoin of our kids is, as you insis, your primary goal,
maybe it would be a good idea to fill us in on Sunil's answers.  In
that way

1 - the community will all know what information  is correct and what
is not, and be able to act accordingly.
2 - I will know what information is correct and what is not, and stop
giving out inaccurate or misleading statements relative to these
cases.

I have asked both you and Sunil if any of his answers were
substantially different from those I posted.  Neither of you have
bothered to respond.  Were I to be a victim of the classic "I am not a
conspiracy theorist, I just act like one" disease I'd ask "What are
the two of you hiding?"

Schwaller