[Vision2020] Follow up - Islam the religion of peace!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 21:07:49 PDT 2007

"Science: There was nothing.... and then it exploded."

I think you mis-characterize science here.  Science says something more
along the lines of: all evidence that we have points us in the direction
that indicates that there is a massive expansion happening.  Everything
far away from us is red-shifted, which we understand to mean that it is
moving away from us.  These measurements can be made independently by
anyone.  Since *everything* can't be moving away from us unless we are
the exact center of the universe, and that's too difficult to believe,
then it must be that everything is moving away from everything else,
i.e. the universe is expanding omnidirectionally.  So if you run the
clocks back, you see everything shrink down to a single point.  Thus,
you get the "Big Bang" theory.  They've even used it to determine the
rough ratios of some basic elements in the universe, which is backed up
pretty well by various measurements, as have other basic predictions
such as the cosmic background radiation.

So when you are using rational thinking as your basis of comparison,
science wins hands down.

Also it says exactly nothing about how this point that rapidly expanded
came to be.  It's not meant to.  It's like trying to measure the inside
of a box and using those measurements to try to determine the motives of
the people who made it.  Science and religion are two very different
animals.

As an old colleague of mine used to say, you are comparing apples and
oranges and coming up with pineapples and grapefruit!

Paul