[Vision2020] City Elections - Oh So Soon

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 20:40:05 PDT 2007

Only as a matter of curiosity, I thought lake view funeral was in Sandpoint.

  One of the first things I look at in a candidate is if they are going to have a stand on issues.  If I ask them of their stance on an issue, am I going to get an honest answer (regardless of if it is the one I want to hear) or am I going to get a circular answer that ends in me not knowing where they stand on an issue.  I think it speaks volumes to a candidate's integrity.  Don't tell me what I want to hear just because you think it will get you elected.  It might be that I disagree with you on one issue but agree with you on other issues.  If I know you are honest with me and I like most of your stances and idealogies, you might get my vote.  Yes, sometimes an individual issue sets the candidates apart.  For me, the best candidates can think outside of the box and find solutions and compromise to problems. Sometimes the answers to problems aren't just black and white and require this approach.

  Are you considering running? -Tom

"Henry D. \"Hank\" Johnston" <henry at lakeviewfuneral.com> wrote:
          Greetings Vision2020 Participants:

  I am new to this list and I've been reading the archives over the last several weeks and thought I might as well join up.  A topic I would like to throw out to everyone is this - with the city elections coming up for 4 seats on the council (Ament, Pall, Dickinson's empty seat, and Stout's seat soon to be resigned) what do you, as a rather active and vocal part of the Moscow community, see as the issues facing the city over the next several years, and what should we be looking for in candidates running in the elections this fall?

  Henry D. Johnston
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com