[Vision2020] Just a Thought--Defense Mechanisms Abound

MeinName IstExecutioner meinnameistexecutioner at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 14:55:18 PDT 2007

I just had a thought, and maybe it's been brought up before.  I'm seeing a lot of
defense mechanisms used with Kirker supporters.  It dawned on me that perhaps
these Kirkers did realize the truth, but in order to keep their pride and silence
their consciences, they needed to make fun and attack others.
Let's name a few--the examples, I'm sure all ofyou can think of some:

Denial: "...reduce anxiety by refusing to perceive the more unpleasant aspects of
external reality."

Displacement: "...shifts aggressive impulses to a more acceptable or less
threatening target" (ah, so maybe the people the Kirkers attack are not such a
problem they'd love everyone to think...)

Intellectualization: "concentrating on the intellectual components of the
situations as to distance oneself from the anxiety provoking emotions
associated with these situations" (I mean, Doug -tried- to help Sitler...he really
did...even though it's statistical fact that pedophiles can never be cured, not even
with castration...and it doesn't change the fact that the little lambs' innocence
are lost as Doug -tried- to counsel Sitler...who ever counseled the children?  And
what parent would take a child to the same counselor who's helping a rapist?
I digress...)

Rationalization: "process of constructing a logical justification for a decision that
was originally arrived at through a different mental process"  (I'm sure we'd all like
to know what that mental process was concerning the Kirkers' position that
slavery should be reinstated and that it wasn't that bad...hey, there's still slavery
out there...maybe you should research it!)

Sublimination: "transforming libido into 'socially useful' achievements" (Marriage by the age of 28 a must?  Perhaps so.  Apparently, after the magical age of 28,
the ability to repress the sexual urge is gone, so we should all be married by
then!  No wonder there are so many parties and dances--with drinking involved! ;) )

Undoing: "a person tries to 'undo' a negative or threatening thought by their
actions" (I told the parents to go to the police...I tried to counsel Sitler...I
only did it because Calvin told me to...or Doug.  Whichever.  I get them
confused.)

Humour: "Refocuses attention on the somewhat comical side of the situation as
to relieve negative tension" (Well, the Kirker boys tried that one, and it didn't
work.  How about they try something that will actually be successful?)

Identification: "The unconscious modeling of one's self upon another person's
behavior" (LOL  I had to laugh at this one.  Doug and his men do this all the
time!  LOL  Too bad we can see right through it.  Are they trying to silence their
consciences that badly?)

Introjection: "Identifying with some idea or object so deeply that it becomes a
part of that person" (Pope Doug...enough said)

Splitting: "...sees external people as either "all good" or "all bad" (Kirker vs.
everyone else)

Substitution: "when a person replaces one feeling or emotion for another"
(Doug feels guilty for going against the truth, therefore, he believes his own lies
and says he's being persecuted...good one!)

There's my list of defense mechanisms.  Now everytime one speaks, we can
identify which mechanism they've picked for the day.  Maybe one day they'll
pick truth.

Cheers!

Petronius