[Vision2020] BREAKING NEWS: Cheney Admits to Being Wrong

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Jul 31 18:35:48 PDT 2007

>From United Press International at:

http://tinyurl.com/2ngfc2

Cheney: 'I was wrong about insurgency'

WASHINGTON, July 31 (UPI) -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney Tuesday
admitted he was wrong when he declared the Iraq insurgency virtually over in
2005.

In an interview with CNN's Larry King, Cheney said he thought at the time
the capture of Saddam Hussein, elections and other milestones would be
enough to undermine the insurgency.

"That clearly didn't happen," Cheney admitted. "I think the insurgency
turned out to be more robust."

Cheney predicted, however, Iraq will be in a much better position by the
time he and U.S. President George Bush leave office Jan. 20, 2009.

The vice president said he is opposed to closing the prison at Guantanamo
Bay, saying, "you need to have someplace to hold those individuals who have
been captured during the global war on terror."

Cheney also told CNN he doesn't care about whether he's well-liked and
doesn't bear any grudges against Brent Scowcroft, who has said, "This is not
the Dick Cheney I knew."

"If I were in the business to be popular, I suppose I'd be worried about my
poll ratings and so forth. I'm not," said Cheney, adding he has no plans
ever to run for office or seek another government post again. "I came here
to do a job. I'm not running for any office, myself."

Cheney repeated in the CNN interview his assertion that the vice president
is part of both the executive and legislative branches of government --
noting his paycheck comes from the Senate.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will
prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing
we have to fear is fear itself-nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror
which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt (January 1933)
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Stuff/FDR_0133.mp3