[Vision2020] Fw: July 24 Public Comments

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 27 11:44:19 PDT 2007

Roger,

You make it seem as if both parties are being stubborn and refuse to negotiate.

But CAN the MSD board “agree to re-run the contested indefinite levy,” as the petition asks? I voted for the last levy and I don’t see how the board has the legal authority to overturn it. Absent a judgment on the case, there is little authority or reason to overturn it. What makes you, or any of the folks on the “Committee for Goodwill and Conciliation” think otherwise?

This is not a rhetorical question. You keep posting information from this group but it is my understanding that the requests made by the group cannot legally be met. If you think otherwise, you are obligated to explain yourself.

On the other hand, Weitz can drop the lawsuit immediately. Why not pressure him to do so if what you want is a quick solution?

Best, Joe

Here is the petition that was presented to The Moscow School Board on Thusday night. It seams that nether side is willing to budge. This is going to be vary expansive for everyone. I hope the the 2008 Legislature will clarify the law. This might make ths suit irrelevant. I am not a lawyer, so don't know for sure if clarifying the law would affect the lawsuit, but it would a least strengthen the case for one side or the other.

Roger