[Vision2020] Water Conservancy Board approves Hawkins Companies' water-rights transfer requests

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Thu Jul 26 12:09:25 PDT 2007

Mr. DeVoe can hope all he wants for a fall groundbreaking but there
are some very significant hydrogeological issues that the Whitman
Conservancy Board, all well-meaning volunteer non-technical people,
deferred judgement on instead punting to the opinion of the Dept. of
Ecology hydrogeologist who based his findings on, shall I kindly say,
limited research. You can rest either assured (or uneasily) that
comments of substance will be submitted to DOE. Any decision of DOE
is appealable to the Washington State Pollution Control Hearing
Board, WA's administrative law body for such appeals, where the legal
precedents ignored by the DOE hydrologist were established and abided
by. All documents related to the decision can be found on the PBAC
website.

Mark