[Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal Plans

TIM RIGSBY tim.rigsby at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:18:48 PDT 2007

DJA stated "What's better is to teach children healthy eating habits rather then
  letting 2/3 of them have whatever they want and grow up to be
  obese thinking McDonald's everyday is OK."If that is his opinion then I assume he would also advocate for more Physical Education and more Health Education.  Both Physical Education and Health Education are staples in early childhood development as well as K-12 instruction.  However, many school districts across the state and across the US have all but eliminated mandatory daily Physical Education and have cut back Health Education in the schools.  What is even more strange is the Surgeon General says people should not smoke, then the Surgeon General says, students should receive daily Physical Education, 150 minutes per week.  However, people consider smoking more important than daily Physical Education.  Weird.Keep in mind that Physical Education is not recess even though I am sure DJA will suggest that kids are already getting 150 minutes of Physical Education each week counting recess.My two cents, and that is all I got.TimP.S. DC- keep caving in to those whining brats.  I am sure you have no idea how to properly raise kids since it is obvious you don't know how to raise money since you can't possibly get elected since you are not a millionaire and everyone knows that millionaires are the only people elected to office.  Mr. Ament, can I have a loan, rumor has it you are rich sicne you are an elected official.  Plus isn't DC's wife a Certified Athletic Trainer (NATA-CT), wouldn't she know a thing or two about nutrition?  Mrs DC is certified but Mr DJA is certifiable." 'Politics is the art of controlling your environment.' That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that 'it doesn't matter who's President' has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World -- or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property -- or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons -- or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted." - Hunter S. ThompsonFrom: areaman at moscow.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 06:20:25 -0700Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal Plans

Message

Sorry you missed the point.  I guess you'd rather
just argue and accuse me of caving in to my whining brats.  They'll be glad
to know that they're thought of that way.

I suppose if I'm caving to their whining
brattiness I can't keep telling them I'm the meanest dad
ever.

Maybe we should all endeavor to emulate Mr. Arnold's
eating habits, since he evidently follows the healthy path.

Party on.

DC

  -----Original Message-----From: Donovan Arnold
  [mailto:donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com] Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007
  7:46 PMTo: Dan Carscallen; vision2020 at moscow.comSubject:
  Re: [Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal
  Plans
  Areaperson says;

  "So what's better? The kid picking the "junk" food over the
  healthyfood, or the kid not eating at all and the icky vegetables going in
  thetrash?"

  So you let your children eat whatever they want?

  What's better is to teach children healthy eating habits rather then
  letting 2/3 of them have whatever they want and grow up to be
  obese thinking McDonald's everyday is OK.

  Caving into every screaming demand of a whining
  brat rather than teaching them what is right and wrong is a serious child
  abuse problem in this country. Who is in charge, the adult or the child?
  Schools should not even be offering this junk except for maybe once a
  week. People crave what they grow up eating. This is very dangerous what we
  are teaching kids is food. It isn't food, it is junk.

  Best,

  DonovanDan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com>
  wrote:
  Donovan
    says:"Saying that giving children a choice between junk food and
    healthy foodand being surprised why the child always picks the junk food
    seems likea cop out. "Like WOW, the six yer old chose the pizza over the
    mixedvegetables!" Of course children need to be taught and guided away
    fromjunk food."So what's better? The kid picking the "junk" food
    over the healthyfood, or the kid not eating at all and the icky
    vegetables going in
    services made available by First Step Internet, serving the communities
    of the Palouse since 1994. http://www.fsr.net

  Be a better Globetrotter. Get
  better travel answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it
  out.