[Vision2020] Essay on Globalism by Ron Paul

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 22 12:20:51 PDT 2007

Hansen,

  Bush's response was not a knee jerk reaction to terrorism. The war on Iraq for controlling the Middle East, murdering Saddam, the Patriot Act, invasion plans of Afghanistan, $1 billion in insurance on building 7 hit by the attacks, and other plans were designed and ready to be implemented months before 9/11. How can this be? I will let you decide.

  Not all Americans were blindly sucked into supporting Bush and his power grab and war while you were castigating anyone that opposed the plan as anti-patriotic and spouting it was an all volunteer army. Some of us saw it for what it was. But now we are stuck with what you supported. We cannot change the past, and we are now stuck in Iraq for decades for better or worse.

  If Congress wanted to end the war today, it has the constitutional authority to make it happen.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Arnold –

  Although not an “officially declared” war, Bush “declared” war on terror as a knee-jerk response to 9/11.  Exploiting the American people’s patriotism following that attack, President Bush signed into effect the Patriot Act (H.R. 3162 dated October 21, 2001) which expanded President Bush’s executive powers virtually limitlessly.

  http://www.epic.org/privacy/terrorism/hr3162.html

  In effect we are at war against terror.  Hey, I didn’t vote for him.

  Congress and the American people have been fighting the Patriot Act ever since.

    Seeya round town, Moscow.

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students. The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)