[Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal Plans

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Jul 22 11:40:41 PDT 2007

No, actually, the word you're looking for is "disingenuous," which describes your assigning selfish motives to what I wrote.  However, another word might be "tiresome," which is what your tirades against me and against the school district have become.  keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:01:21 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comSubject: RE: [Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal PlansTo: kjajmix1 at msn.com; vision2020 at moscow.com"They might not be the kind of food I eat or what I serve my kids,. . . "      Keely, this food isn't good enough for your kids but its good enough for all the other child? WOW! What's the word I am looking for here, oh yeah, "shallow".        Best,     Donovan   keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:      The Federal government regulates meal offerings.  They might not be the kind of food I eat or what I serve my kids, but they do meet the standards set forth by the government.  If MSD served bibb lettuce salads, braised tofu, hummus, extra-lean ground beef, fresh peaches, and whole-wheat
 bread at every meal, you'd be bitching about the food waste, because there would be a lot of it.  These are kids, and kids eat what they've been raised with and what other kids it.  Should MSD go into the homes of all infants throughout the district to make sure they're being fed properly and then fine-tune their menus accordingly?The Moscow School District is fortunate to have Mimi Pengilly as its director of food services.  Ms. Pengilly last year won a statewide award for innovative, efficient, and nutritionally appropriate menu offerings; her work is considered a model for other districts and she has kept MSD on the leading edge of school nutrition.  You ought to be grateful -- to her and to the scores of other MSD employees who are on the front lines and who sacrifice daily so that ALL kids get the best we can offer.  I'm sorry for your entire unfortunate, oppressed, dissatisfied life, Donovan, but it's time to stop blaming the public
 schools you grew up in.keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)      Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:43:55 -0700From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: [Vision2020] Hot Dogs, Pizza, and Nachos, MSDs Meal Plans  The Moscow School District says it cares about its children. Yet looking at the school lunch program it looks a lot closer to child abuse with hot dogs, pizza, hamburgers, and nachos as common staples for children as young as five or six under the care of MSD. Teaching kids to eat greasy foods high in empty calories; fast food that is loaded with sodium and other preservatives is not taking
 care of children and providing them with a good education on how to eat correctly. Poor diets early in life leads to increased risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, and shorter life spans plagued with health problems and huge medical bills. Yet this is the avenue that our Moscow School District chooses to take.     Why does MSD believe that these greasy foods should be consumed by children? What steps has it taken to correct the problem?      Best,     Donovan                            Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.
    PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. Check it out!