[Vision2020] Gore Provides Surprising...

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 17:08:37 PDT 2007

Now if you want some genuine satire, courtesy of Andy Borowitz from his
Borowitz Report:  Nader’s Ego Enters 2008 Race
Massive Ego Fills Madison Square Garden

The field of presidential candidates got a little more crowded today as the
massive ego of consumer activist Ralph Nader announced that it was entering
the 2008 race.

For its historic announcement, Mr. Nader’s ego chose New York’s Madison
Square Garden, the only venue available large enough to contain the
candidate’s bloated self-esteem.

After being loaded into the Garden’s freight elevator and wheeled out onto
the stage, Mr. Nader’s ego said the words that its faithful had been waiting
to hear.

“This gigantic ego has sat on the sidelines long enough and watched others’
egos get all of the attention!” the candidate’s ego roared.

Mr. Nader’s ego went on to enumerate the reasons for its latest candidacy,
telling the audience, “I want to see an America where I am on campaign
buttons, banners, and Larry King Live.”

His ego added that it hoped to fill what it saw as a void in the 2008
campaign: “There is no other narcissistic whackjob in the race, unless you
count Kucinich.”

The consumer activist’s bloated ego received rave reviews from those in
attendance, many of whom had fond memories of Mr. Nader’s successful bid to
wreck the 2000 presidential race.

“It was great to see that ego back on stage,” said Nader supporter Ralph
Nader, 73. “Finally, a candidate who speaks for me.”

Others echoed that sentiment, including Nader supporter Ralph Nader, 73: “I
couldn’t believe how handsome he was.”

Elsewhere, in a serious setback for former Florida governor Jeb Bush, new
research finds that the eldest children in families tend to have higher
I.Q.’s than their younger siblings.