[Vision2020] campaign contributions

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Jul 16 11:16:18 PDT 2007

My name is one you will find on Shirley Ringo's list of campaign doners.  I also work as a volunteer in her campaigns for the Idaho Legislature.  I do so for many reasons, but I will mention three that are important to me:

1.  No member of the Idaho legislature is more aware of the needs of Idaho Public Schools, the students who attend them, and the people who work in them than is Shirley.  She has stood steadfast in opposition to attempts to erode the financial base of public education through vouchers and other tax giveaways.

2.  As a retired member of the Idaho Education Association, I have appreciated Shirley's strong support for the idea that people in the workforce have a right to unionize, bargain collectively, and be guaranteed due process in workplace disputes.

3. Shirley's dedication to the students of this state is evident through her concern over testing mandates which may harm more than help students, legislative attempts which would deprive students of equal access to a good education, and her work as an ombudsman for those Idaho citizens who are disabled, living in poverty, or need assistance in their efforts to access programs which could benefit them.

She has been my good friend for many years.  She is probably the most ethical person I know.  I am proud to support her.

Sue Hovey