[Vision2020] campaign contributions

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Mon Jul 16 10:38:42 PDT 2007

Visionaries:

Since Donovan’s remarks challenge my political integrity, I’ll respond
briefly.

I have consistently supported campaign finance reform, but the majority of
Idaho legislators have not embraced it.

One of my regular supporters is the Idaho Education Association, of which I
am a member.  Their endorsement process involves completion of a survey
involving issues important to them, and an interview.  Typically, I receive
the maximum donation from them which is $1000 in the primary and $1000 in
the general election.

A handful of teachers sometimes contribute also.

My actions and votes absolutely are not determined by donations to my
campaign.  Probably those who donate to me most generously are favorably
impressed by my voting record.  My votes are not for sale – anybody whose
legislative action is determined by campaign contributions should resign.

Yes, Donovan, there are times when I disagree with the MSD.  On such
occasions, I work for change.  (I don’t sue them.)

If anybody needs information on how to find the record of donors for any
Idaho candidate, let me know.

Shirley Ringo

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.