[Vision2020] George W Told the Nation

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 16:46:54 PDT 2007

Sunil,

  Where do you want the largest embassy in the world to be? France? Would you rather have the Iranian military having long term bases in Iraq, or the US military? Do you want the US in control of Iraqi oil, or do you want it to go to a country that hates the US?

  Best,

  Donovan

Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Paul,

Given the construction of the biggest US embassy anywhere and long-term
military bases, I think the mission is to remain in Iraq for the long haul,
with more control over their oil reserves than would be possible under
Hussein. That's not a mission I support or think that we should see
through.

Sunil

>From: Paul Rumelhart
>To: Donovan Arnold
>CC: Moscow Vision 2020 , Mark Solomon
>
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] George W Told the Nation
>Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:50:21 -0700
>
>What was "the mission", anyway? I've never been very clear on that. I
>don't know how to judge whether we have accomplished "the mission", without
>knowing what it is. What were the goals that needed achieving? Where is
>the list so I can mark them off and see how we are doing?
>
>We do have to be very careful how we leave, given that we've created a
>situation that is untenable. I, for one, don't feel we need to be there
>just to avoid being perceived as not following through. Do we want yet
>more to die just to save face? My opinion on that would be different if I
>didn't think that this was a ploy to get back at Saddam and get Iraqi oil
>all under the guise of "preventing terrorism".
>
>Paul

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com