[Vision2020] Fire Danger Reminder

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sat Jul 14 09:17:14 PDT 2007

The local fire danger has greatly increased with the recent hot weather and yesterday's hot, drying winds.

I hope that everyone will take very prudent precautions to avoid starting any kind of fire in unauthorized places.  I hope that all of you who are thoughtful, prudent people will speak to those who do things that increase the probabilities of a fire and/or report them to Law enforcement.

We continue to see on Saddle Ridge Road freshly discarded cigarettes butts.  There are also places on Moscow Mountain where off-roaders of various kinds continue to ride off-trail and off-road through very dry, tall grass and through very dry brush.  Not only is this kind of off-road activity forbidden by property owners on Moscow Mountain, but such activities increase the probability of a wildfire.  Also no fires of any kind are allowed on Moscow Mountain at this time.

Bennett Forest Products, Inc. graciously allows recreational use of their properties on Moscow Mountain and elsewhere.  Let's reward their generosity by helping to protect their lands and the lands of others from fire wrought by thoughtless recreational users and other vandals.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com