[Vision2020] Foul Pole Advertising?

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 23:14:29 PDT 2007

I was at the Home Run Derby this evening at AT&T Park in San Francisco.  The Derby time weather was a perfect sunny and 72 degrees (as usual in California) and the Angel's Vladimir Guerrero won the event.  I was hoping to see more splash home runs hit into the bay than just the 2 that wound up foul.  And speaking of foul, I was aghast to see a Levi's banner hanging on the right field foul pole.  Apparently it's there all the time as part of the "Levi's Landing" ad campaign.  Personally, I think it is very wrong as it could effect the outcome of the game if an ump lost the ball in the white lettering.  It should be removed immediately and all future advertising on foul poles should be banned.

-Scott