[Vision2020] "Murder" rate in Moscow

Debbie Gray graylex at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 01:28:32 PDT 2007

These are crimes reported (or otherwise made known) to
the police/sheriff for each jurisdiction. The UCR
doesn't look at how the crime is adjudicated. If 5
murders were reported but each murderer plea bargained
down to disturbing the peace or littering then there
would still be 5 murders reported.

This is my understanding of what the UCR is, reaching
back into the 1980/90s as an undergrad... i can ask my
resident crime expert in the morning...

or wikipedia:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Crime_Reports>