[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Wed Jan 31 22:18:52 PST 2007

Matt,

Fish and Game's setting of the wolf tag at $26.50
says more about the "management" intentions than
anything Butch said. That's the same price as
other predator tags (black bear, cougar). No
limit amount on # of tags in the proposal. My
read: treat wolves as nuisance varmints and hope
that maybe enough wolves will be killed in an
essentially unmanaged hunt to take out the
population. Then say oops, we really did mean to
keep ten breeding packs as we said we would but
we never expected such a hunting success rate.
wink wink.

Mark