[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 31 15:41:49 PST 2007

Mark
Some of your statements are ture and some can be questioned. The government does pay for verified losses. These things are hard to verify. As you said there has been one payment in Latah county. The loss in the Soutwick area has been considerably grater than that. In any case this is an unnecessary expense.To attribute losses to vultures is ridiculous. vultures feed on carcasses but do not kill any cattle. I have seen them eating on something that is still barely alive. But they were not the cause of death to a health animal.  Think about the size of a vulture and the size of a cow. Owls and Eagles will prey on small rodents and cats, but not on cattle.

Roger