[Vision2020] Hymn to the Intelligent Designer by Monty Python

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Jan 27 14:26:25 PST 2007

Tony,

Is God a mean S.O.B.? Not according to himself. By the end of the
sixth day of creation "God saw everything that he had made, and
indeed, it was very good" (Genesis 1:31a).

However, later in the Bible God does admit that he is a S.O.B. "I
form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe--I the
LORD do all these things" (Isaiah 45:7). The Jewish Study Bible says
that here the word "woe" is the same as "evil." p. 875.

So try to have a pleasant Sabbath, Tony. It will soon be over--at
sundown.

Ralph