[Vision2020] childcare

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Fri Jan 26 13:25:52 PST 2007

Visionaries:

I wrote recently regarding a rule that would reduce childcare available for students in post secondary institutions.  The Senate committee passed the rule favoring this restriction.  However, since it is in the category of "fee rule", both House and Senate committees must pass it.  The House Health and Welfare Committee rejected the rule, so the four years of childcare is safe for now.

Breaking news is that the Governor and legislators involved in negotiations on the capitol building project have reached a compromise.  The underground wings will be one story deep, instead of two.  Since the change in plans is costly at this stage of the game, any savings will be minimal.  (I have always questioned whether the Gov might really want to eliminate the left wing.)

Shirley