[Vision2020] Classified questions

mark seman baukunst at moscow.com
Thu Jan 25 20:24:34 PST 2007

I prefer to nix PAAHC paying for the ad, too.  I would suggest that PAAHC
look into "Public Notices."  One aspect of our marketing efforts is to
include the most people (individuals & groups) that we can - the Public.
"Public Notice" is a concept the City routinely uses - are they willing to
put one out for PAAHC?  Or as another Partner, would PACT place an "ad" for
the City's, PACT's, & PAAHC's Arts funding & promotional efforts in the
Courier?  An ad in the 'A' Section, telling where the funds come from
(transient lodging tax), touting the benefit of PAAHC's advocacy of the
Arts, PACT's support and of the City of Prescott's Funding of the Arts,
dealine & contact info.  Maybe naming past recipients - then carrying on the
tradition by naming this Year's recipients in next year's "ad."  What can we
start small this year and do better next year (FY08 = Fall 07)?  What will
be worthy of our efforts - in the next 1 1/2 months we have for this round,
and 9 months for the start of the next?

As one future agenda item, I'd like the Grant Committee to be looking into
PAAHC's costs for "grant administration."  We could use a line-item spread
sheet that itemizes elements the City would like to see included in this
(their) "Grant Process."  i.e., what Role does the City want to have in the
Process, how is the City willing to help with "matching" PAAHC's outside
financial resources - intended to return an equal or greater value through
Community support and Tourism?

Through this effort, and at a future time (1-2 years), I would like to see
the City's support in bringing (help PAAHC pay for) a guest speaker to
discuss the roles a City can play in it's support of the Arts.  I'd like for
this to be an agenda item at a time shortly after PAAHC's March election.
The City will be addressing the next FY's budget in the near future and
PAAHC could use a choreographed effort to help maximize our future efforts.
It would be great if we could arrange to have a knowledgable consultant help
PAAHC with our extended-range (1-5 year) vision.  Maybe a Summer time-frame
would be a good fit?

Part of what this effort is also attempting to acheive is a greater dialogue
between the City, PACT & PAAHC; to coordinate our efforts in persuing each
of our missions & goals, as well as enhance the Community.  Everyone knows
the Arts can do that, it's up to us to know how they do that.  Each of us
can contribute, all of us need to contribute.  One goal is to promote,
support and advocate for Public Art.  Looking at civic goals, policy,
funding & implementing.  What does Public Art look like?  What should Public
Art look like?  Or maybe it's vice versa?

I have other personal-agenda items that I will use to gauge progress over
the next 5 years.  I have milestones I want to see met.  Many of my
milestones are not just mine.  They are also those of the entire Community.
I feel we can access the necessary resources to help achieve our milestones.
I need help + I am willing to help.

R. - I could only dream of achieving 50 new PAAHC members before the March
election.  I'm confident you can, and will.

Mark
http://prescottarts.com/

mark r. seman, architect
       v=928.925.7617