[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] RE: iraq war protest jan 27

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 25 18:26:33 PST 2007

Marching on a recruiting station to say that this war is wrong is akin to
marching on a public school to say that the state policies and procedures
concerning education are wrong.

The recruiter, probably a buck sergeant, is a soldier whose primary mission
is to meet quota standards dictated to him/her.  He/She does not establish
policy.  He/She follows orders, directives, and policies.

The target for the march on Saturday should be the federal building.  The
federal building represents the "powers that be", the powers that dictate
those same orders, directives, and policies that the recruiter has sworn to
uphold.

May I suggest a Wednesday afternoon march on the federal building, complete
with signs, megaphones, portable music, etc. etc.?

If my suggestion whets any appetites, contact me off-list.  If a sufficient
number of people are seriously interested, . . .

Thoughts?

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown