[Vision2020] Why should everyone pay for MSD?

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Jan 25 17:13:46 PST 2007

The alleged 52% property tax investment is an investment by all families
(with or without children) in the health and welfare of the entire
community, not in just their own children's education in the case for
families with children -- just as is their tax investment in roads, parks,
law enforcement, etc.

Arguments can be made, some of them valid, that we are not getting the best
bang for our buck out of the present public school system.  When dealing
with such issues, I try to help find solutions to problems, not toss the
baby out with the bath water.  Some of us old codgers believe that we have a
citizen's and a constitutional duty to try to improve public institutions.
Sometimes it is very frustrating, but so are many aspects of life.

W.