[Vision2020] The IACI and Personal Property Tax

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 24 12:43:51 PST 2007

Roger Falen wrote:
"I agree that only those who pay property tax should be able to vote on
property tax."

Surely I'm misunderstanding you, Roger?  Property taxes pay for collective
goods like schools, libraries, fire protection, highways, etc., do they not?

Do you mean to tell me you honestly believe that those who don't pay
property taxes shouldn't have a voice in such vital public goods?

So, all the renters with kids should have no say in the funding of the
schools our children attend and the highways we all rely on???

If so, then what is your justification for us not being able to opt out of
taxes for public goods an individual doesn't use?

Or, do you reject the notion of public or collective goods?  If so, which do
you reject and which do you accept?  And, what happens, then, when you
reject one collective good that I accept?

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2006, Saundra Lund.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the Vision 2020 forum
without the express written permission of the author.*****

I agree that only those who pay property tax should be able to vote on
property tax.

Roger