[Vision2020] The IACI and Personal Property Tax

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Tue Jan 23 17:37:07 PST 2007

Gary,

Have you ever read the state constitution with regard to taxes and
levies and property ownership?

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF IDAHO
ARTICLE I DECLARATION OF RIGHTS
SECTION 20. NO PROPERTY QUALIFICATION REQUIRED OF ELECTORS --
EXCEPTIONS.

"No property qualifications shall ever be required for any person to
vote or hold office except in school elections, or elections creating
indebtedness, or in irrigation district elections, as to which
last-named elections the legislature may restrict the voters to land
owners."

We sure have come a long way haven't we. I wonder just what would
happen to the schools, roads and other entities if we were to go back
to the way it was.

Maybe things would be a little more equitable and NOT just fair!

Doug!