[Vision2020] Doug Wilson Interview

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 14:38:29 PST 2007

On 1/17/07, Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:

> And a man who promotes female submission as a component of equality shouldn't be fooling anyone.

I submit myself to my wife all of the time.  She submits herself to
me.  This isn't "female" submission, but mutual submission, and it is
called being accommodating, which is a key ingredient in many
longlasting, harmonious relationships.  My father is an absolute
despot in his relationships.  I wouldn't call his marriage a happy
one.

Further, while I am not a  Christian, I don't believe in cherrypicking
scripture, and it does say this is in the Bible (Ephesians 5):

"21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."

The operative phrase, to me, is "submitting yourselves ONE TO
ANOTHER," which, according to my conversations with Doug, is what he
believes.  His wife has contributed to this forum and doesn't seem
servile or abused.